Mayo Clinic Book of Alternative Medicine, 2nd Edition
The best of natural therapies and conventional medicine.
As the cost of health care continues to rise and worries about flu pandemics become more prevalent, greater responsibility is being placed on each of us to stay healthy and avoid illness. We've seen explosive growth in the field of alternative medicine and people are looking for more "natural" or "holistic" ways to maintain good health — not only their physical health, but also their mental and spiritual health.
Mayo Clinic Book of Alternative Medicine is your guide to safe and effective therapies from the world of complementary and alternative medicine. This book offers steps you can take on your own to achieve and maintain health and wellness. Developed by Mayo Clinic physicians and editors, this easy-to-understand information addresses natural therapies for covering 20 top health issues.
Put this natural-healing wisdom to use for your better health …
- Mayo's assessment of more than 40 of the leading herbs, botanicals and vitamins on the market today.
- Find out what vitamin may be used to help improve your cholesterol levels.
- An effective topical pain reliever for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis is revealed.
- Effective as an anti-inflammatory agent for treating osteoarthritis and low back pain.
- Find how this flowering plant can be beneficial for insomnia and anxiety.
- Appears to help prevent nerve damage (peripheral neuropathy) from diabetes.
- This common plant's active ingredients appear to protect the liver and block or remove harmful substances.
Use these recommended alternative health therapies and many more alongside conventional medicine to improve your total health — mind, body and spirit.
Our 100% Money-back Guarantee
We are confident you will find great value in the informational products published by Mayo Clinic. If you are not completely satisfied, you may return your order within 30 days for a full refund.
PLACE YOUR ORDER HERE
Order today and receive a FREE downloadable guide to better health – a $5.95 value!
More about Mayo Clinic Book of Alternative Medicine, 2nd Edition
Mayo Clinic recognizes your need for reliable, easy-to-understand information about complementary and alternative medicine. Mayo Clinic Book of Alternative Medicine will inform you about various products and practices, guiding you to those which may help treat or prevent disease, and just as importantly — telling you which are no benefit and could even be dangerous. Here, Mayo Clinic has identified nature’s best remedies, including ...
- Mayo’s Top Ten List — the best complementary and alternative therapies we know today. They’re effective against chronic pain, heart disease, anxiety, high blood pressure, low back pain and more.
- Plus Mayo’s Top Ten Contenders — dietary supplements that hold great promise, and we’re learning more every day about their potential for treating arthritis, depression, insomnia and more.
About the Medical Editor
Brent Bauer, M.D.
Dr. Bauer is director of the Complementary and Integrative Medicine Program and a physician at Mayo Clinic. Dr. Bauer is also an associate professor of medicine, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic.
Dr. Bauer's principle area of research is the scientific evaluation of complementary and alternative therapies. He has authored several book chapters and papers, is a member of the NIH-NCCAM study section, and is currently collaborating on more than 20 Mayo Clinic studies evaluating complementary treatments.
PLACE YOUR ORDER HERE