The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook, Second Edition
Includes James Beard Award-Winning Recipes
With this updated and expanded edition of the James Beard Foundation award-winning New Mayo Clinic Cookbook, you'll discover elegantly simple ideas for healthy eating and entertaining.
Treating yourself to healthy foods — many that you already love — can have remarkable benefits. To start on the path to a whole new, healthier way of eating, just choose from among these many easy recipes that are as elegant and satisfying as they are good for you. They combine all of the best ingredients each season has to offer, from fresh corn and juicy plums to toasted almonds and grilled salmon. But delicious recipes are not all you'll find. You'll discover that when you cook with nutritious ingredients — such as fruits, vegetables, and whole grains — you may actually lower your risk of developing illnesses from heart disease to cancer.
Here's what you'll find in this authoritative guide:
- 200 recipes you'll turn to time and again
- The Mayo Clinic Healthy Weight Pyramid — A smart-eating pyramid based on current scientific evidence
- Nutrition facts and pyramid serving sizes for every recipe
- Easy-to-follow plans for reaching daily nutrition goals
- Shopping advice and menu strategies
- Simple techniques for bringing out ingredients' richest flavors
Flavor comes first. The new approach to eating well is full of enjoyment and satisfaction. This stunning book offers more than 375 pages of helpful tips and information, menu-planning ideas, and hundreds of recipes you'll make time and again. Get your copy today!
Our 100% Money-back Guarantee
We are confident you will find great value in the informational products published by Mayo Clinic. If you are not completely satisfied, you may return your order within 30 days for a full refund.
PLACE YOUR ORDER HERE
Order today and receive a FREE downloadable bonus gift!
More about The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook, Second Edition
The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook, Second Edition is your guide to eating well for better health, weight management and simple satisfaction.
Learn the tips and tools from Mayo Clinic experts …
- An interactive guide to help you utilize disease-fighting foods to support your immunity, and ward off disease
- Specific nutrition information to help you lose weight
- Fun ideas that make healthy eating enjoyable
- Plus hundreds of delicious, easy-to-prepare recipes
Healthy cooking can be delicious and enjoyable. Just look at some of the recipes you will find in The New Mayo Clinic Cookbook, Second Edition …
- Beef Stew With Fennel and Shallots — the rich flavor of this stew gets a boost from portobello mushrooms and fennel
- Banana-Oatmeal Hotcakes With Spiced Maple Syrup — moist and flavorful
- Spicy Beef Kabobs — inventive and zesty, makes an excellent appetizer
- Turkey Potpie With Baby Vegetables — a down-home classic made healthier with fresh, low-fat ingredients
- Caramelized Pear Bread Pudding — this classy version can be served as dessert, or featured at breakfast or brunch
About the Medical Editor
Donald D. Hensrud, M.D., M.P.H.
Jennifer K. Nelson, R.D., L.D.
Donald Hensrud, M.D., M.P.H., is chair of the Division of Preventive, Occupational and Aerospace Medicine at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. A specialist in nutrition and weight management, Dr. Hensrud advises individuals on how to achieve and maintain a healthy weight. He conducts research in weight management, and he writes and lectures widely on nutrition-related topics.
Dr. Hensrud is a consultant in the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, Metabolism & Nutrition at Mayo Clinic. He is also an associate professor of preventive medicine and nutrition at the College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic.
Jennifer K. Nelson, R.D., L.D., is Mayo Clinic's director of Clinical Dietetics and an associate professor of nutrition at the College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. She has been a contributing author to and reviewer of many Mayo Clinic books. She contributes to the strategic direction of the Food & Nutrition Center, which includes creating recipes and menus, reviewing nutrition content of various articles, and providing expert answers to nutrition questions.
PLACE YOUR ORDER HERE