Mayo Clinic on Digestive Health
Relief for America's Epidemic of Indigestion
Mayo Clinic on Digestive Health provides the answers you need to lead a more comfortable and enjoyable life.
This book is packed with helpful information on avoiding digestive discomfort and preventing more-serious problems.
You'll discover the value of diagnostic testing, mealtime recommendations and self-care tips for relieving discomfort. Plus the latest information on endoscopic ultrasound, virtual colonoscopy and the newer minimally invasive treatments for gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
You'll find reliable help with today's most common digestive problems, including:
- Abdominal pain
- Celiac disease
- Constipation and diarrhea
- Crohn's disease
- Diverticular disease
- Heartburn and GERD
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- And causes and treatment of other disorders
We can't promise that all of your digestive problems will go away, but you will get the guidance you need to make them more understandable, more manageable and more responsive to treatment. Order your copy today!
Our 100% Money-back Guarantee
We are confident you will find great value in the informational products published by Mayo Clinic. If you are not completely satisfied, you may return your order within 30 days for a full refund.
PLACE YOUR ORDER HERE
Order today and receive a FREE downloadable guide to better health – a $5.95 value!
More about Mayo Clinic on Digestive Health
Clearly, indigestion has become a national epidemic. One in 3 Americans experiences regularly with some type of digestive difficulty — such as gas, stomach acid, constipation or a serious digestive disease. Americans now spend $3 billion each year on over-the-counter antacids, laxatives, acid blockers and fiber supplements. Now there's help for anyone with concerns about digestive health from Mayo Clinic, one of the most respected medical institutions in the world. This third edition brings you extensively updated information about the most recent diagnostic and treatment options. Along with the advice of your doctor, this book can help you enjoy life with fewer digestive problems.
- Learn why over-the-counter medications may not be the answer for digestive problems.
- Lifestyle habits that can go a long way toward keeping your digestive system healthy.
- Understand your digestive symptoms and whether you might benefit from seeing a doctor about them.
- Common diagnostic tests. For a quicker and more accurate diagnosis of your digestive problems, one or more of these tests may be helpful.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), that burning sensation in your chest may be a telltale sign that you could benefit from medical attention.
- Ulcers and stomach pain. Learn the five symptoms of an ulcer, and the most common — and most curable — culprit.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Discover how to improve your symptoms with the same techniques Mayo doctors recommend to their patients with IBS.
About the Medical Editor
Stephen Crane Hauser, M.D.
Stephen Crane Hauser, M.D., has been a practicing gastroenterologist since 1983, and a specialist in Mayo Clinic's Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology since 1998. In addition to his many clinical responsibilities, Dr. Hauser is actively involved in teaching and education. He is an associate professor of medicine at College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, and has authored numerous articles for scientific journals and contributed chapters to peer-reviewed books.
Dr. Hauser participates in many national organizations dedicated to the treatment and prevention of digestive diseases, and has served as a governor for the American College of Gastroenterology, representing Minnesota.
PLACE YOUR ORDER HERE